ANSTO today revealed another two cases of people being exposed to radiation at their Sydney facilities. Two people were splashed with radioactive materials today, meaning four workers have been involved in accidents since last Thursday. In the first accident a worker's clothes and shoes were splashed with a very small quantity of technetium-99m, which is the radio isotope used in lots of nuclear imaging. In the second incident, a worker at the ANSTO plant in the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Camperdown was splashed in the eye with a small amount of thallium-201 which was washed out. One worker had ingested radioactive iodine-123 yesterday morning. Last Thursday, a ruptured pipe at the Lucas Heights nuclear reactor exposed another worker to radioactive gases.
God Grant me the Serenity To accept the things I cannot change Courage to change the things I can And Wisdom to know the difference.